Thursday, June 25, 2009

Putting myself in check.

Like I stated above, I don't want to be one of those complainers, who just spouts out negatives about this current Administration or the lack of leadership from our Senators and local Representatives. That is too easy to do. I could get so wrapped up in all the issues that are driving me mad, post comments on the many blogs out there on how fed-up we are about the direction of our country. No problem, that's simple. But, am I really helping anyone or anything? Am I part of the solution or am I just adding to the chaos? When was the last time I wrote a letter to my city counsel ? How long has it been since I called my congress person ? Have I ever?? How many e-mails have I sent to my State Representatives or Senators ? Sure, I've signed on-line petitions, I helped to make phone calls during the McCain/Palin campaign. I even hosted a debate party. WOW Ron !! What a patriot you are... What have you done lately? I have to ask myself and unfortunately the answer is....NOTHING. Tomorrow our leaders are voting on an outrageous "Energy Bill" that, I believe, will cripple us more in so many ways. It's not to late though. I can, scratch that, Will be on the phone today calling anyone in power I can and urging them to vote NO on this.

I am the first to admit that I am new to all this so, any direction or info you might have as far as who I should call, phone #s, email addresses that would produce the best results or have the most impact, Please feel free to forward the info to me. Also, hold me accountable and question me on what I achieved. I am asking for your help and inviting you to keep me accountable.

But, before you get too critical of me and my efforts, Ask yourself this question...

What have I done lately ??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE; as of 1:20 p.m.

UPDATE: So far I called Senators Boxer and Feinstien and the Congressman below
Rep. Tim Holden (Ag Cmmtte Vice Chair): 202-225-5546 Rep. Tim Walz (MN) 202-225-2472 Rep. Mike McIntyre (NC): 202-225-2731 Rep. Henry Cuellar (TX): 202-225-1640 Rep. David Scott (GA): 202-225-2939

No comments:

Post a Comment