Monday, June 29, 2009

Walking On Water


The main thing I want anyone who reads my comments to know is, My faith and trust is in the Lord. I Believe in and Love this great country but I am convinced that No Man is gonna deliver us from the decline, I believe, this country is in.
Unlike Obama, I know we are a Christian Nation and are still "One Nation Under God" but we are losing faith. Losing faith in God, in our country and most definitely in our leaders. I have to remind myself that God is in control, not our elected officials.
The point of the cartoon is that, If we, as a nation, say we have faith in God to restore us, what are we basing that faith on ? Things seen or unseen? It's real easy to have faith when: The right President is in office, The majority of our congress are conservatives, We are not at war, The economy is in great shape or we have to step out on the lake and the lake is frozen over. What kind of faith is that ?? We can't stop believing in God, Our Country or even the power we have as individuals to make a difference, when the circumstances aren't in our favor. That's when real faith is applied.
It's real easy for me to get frustrated and feel like I'm spinning my wheels, in my efforts to make a difference, with my phone calls to congress and emails to senators. Especially when I hear daily in the media how we are slipping into deeper decline. That's when I find myself stopping, lifting my prayers up to God for this nation, to soften the hearts of our leaders and to encourage the individuals in their efforts to bring to light the injustices in congress and the current administration. In a sense, If I am trying to do these things on my own and expect results based on just my efforts, I am spinning my wheels. Without God on our side, we all are doing this in vain.
My point is simple, although my writing might not be, First we need to lift up our nation and our efforts to God, trust that He hears us and we wants the best for us ( His Children ), continue to put in the work as we are doing and look for more ways to make a difference.
Most importantly, We need to have faith in our Lord to bring about these changes and to continue to bless and watch over us while we go through these very rough times. The True Faith that allows us to walk out onto that lake.....when it's not frozen over

No comments:

Post a Comment