Friday, July 3, 2009

Walking on a thin Line - Keeping our Balance

As I sat down in front of my computer this morning, searching the Internet for the daily articles, videos and sound bites for the today's topic, I realized that I was looking through these sources trying to find information about the latest scandal, conflict or drama happening today. What was N. Korea doing now ? How did President Obama contradict himself today ? What politician was caught being unethical ? What new injustice was done today ? By whom and to whom ??

Then it hit me. Ron, What the heck are you doing to yourself ? You're going to drive yourself crazy ! Where is the Balance ? You see, until recently, I used to avoid the news. I didn't read the papers, I didn't watch the news or listen to news radio. I lived my life in a protective bubble, safe from the influence of current events, news of violence and scandal. I didn't care about wall street of even know who was a Senator or who my local Congressmen were. I mean, It's all negative. Why would I want the doom & gloom of what's happening around the country, much less in other countries, to infringe on my life and bum me out ? Then, The things that were happening around me started affecting me personally. My small business was getting smaller, my wife couldn't find work so, I started to listen and watch the news. I had to find out why ( in my mind ) was this happening to me all of a sudden ? How could I let this catch me off guard. I got really involved in the last election, Fox news was on all the time when I was at home. My kids were getting upset because they had to watch their shows in their rooms because I invaded the living room. I was watching the Strategy Room on foxnews.com at work. I had to get informed and fast. I was reading blogs and started making calls to Senators and Representatives. I was gonna do my part and not just be one of those people who complained about what was happening and not doing anything about it. I started this blog to add solution and remedy not to get caught up in the drama. So, as I was searching for topics, I had to tell myself to STOP !!

Here I am, the day before our Nations 233 Birthday Celebration of Independence and where is my focus? Where is my joy? Where is my Balance?? I feel so blessed by my Lord and Savior for all he has given me. I know that God will see this great nation through these difficult times but I can't just sit back and be oblivious to what is going on around me. Or, let others do the work for me. We all have to do our part...... "Where is your balance Ron?" Am I daily taking the time to truly enjoy what God has given me ? To really appreciate the blessings and the simple joys he bestowes on my family ? " Find your Balance Ron. "

Psalms 46:10 says " Be still, and know that I am God"

We ALL need to remember to Stop, take a breath and daily focus on what God has given us. If not, we will drive ourselves crazy with the news of the world and start to feel overwhelmed and lose hope. But, we also need to stay informed on what's happening around us and each do our part to help each other and this country. The trick is..........Keeping our Balance

God Bless you and your Families and have a joyful Independence Day Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment